ACCESS STATEMENT FOR ELWORTH FARMHOUSE COTTAGE
Sleeps 2-3persons – Regret No Children
· The nearest bus stop is in Portesham village, approx 1 mile away – the main road from the bus stop to Elworth lane has no pavement and is considered to be dangerous to walk along.
· The main train station is 15 minutes away by car.
· The local taxi service is 15 minutes away – we can make a booking for you if required.
· Portesham village is approx 1 mile away, Abbotsbury village is approx 2 miles away. The county town of Dorchester is 9 miles away, Weymouth town is 7 miles away.
· Brochures can be provided in large print by prior arrangement
· A shopping order can be delivered on the day of arrival by prior arrangement.
· We have a basic website www.elworth-farmhouse.co.uk
· You can contact us via phone +(44) 01305 871693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
· There is no street lighting in the hamlet.
· On arrival to the property there is a double width entrance gate. The gate is not locked but must be kept closed at all times except for entering/departing from the property.
· We have three pet labradors – the dogs may bark when visitors arrive but they are all friendly and good with children.
· No marked parking bays but there is ample room for up to five vehicles.
· The driveway surface is path-gravel, slightly inclined. Foot paths are also path-gravel. It is only a few metres from the parking places to the front door of the cottage.
· The driveway, parking area and front paths are lit after dark by security lighting.
· Guests will be welcomed by the owner or her representative on arrival and given a comprehensive tour of the garden and the cottage. There will always be someone on site to greet you on arrival and to answer any questions you may have.
· Guests are responsible for carrying their own luggage into the cottage.
· The owner lives on site and can be contacted 24hrs a day.
· The cottage front door has a doorsill 4cms high. The door is 90cm wide 180cm high.
· The front door has a yale lock and a turning handle. Visitors are given their own key. The owner reserves the right to enter the cottage at any time if a problem is suspected. The front door must be kept locked at all times when guests leave the property.
· On entry into the cottage there is a flagstone floor to the base of the stairs with a non-slip mat. There is a 12cm deep step down from the flagstone floor into the lounge/diner.
· The lounge is level and has a short pile carpet with a short pile rug in front of the inglenook fireplace.
· An open staircase with a vertical oak beam adjacent ascends from the lounge.
· There is a doorway into the kitchen 92cm wide 179cm high. Outwood opening.
· There is a glazed door, outward opening, leading to the back garden. The door is 80cm wide 185cm high. There is a step up to this door 15cm high, 25cms deep and 85cm wide.
· There is door to the downstairs bathroom 77cms wide 183cm high, outward opening. There is a step up to this door 20cm high, 40cm deep and 90cm wide. There is a grab rail by the step.
· There is a small ‘corridor’ leading to the back glazed door and the downstairs bathroom door 96cm wide. The corridor has no colour contrast but is well lit by the light coming through the french door during the day and an electric light overhead after dark.
· There is a standard size two seater sofa at the side of the room in front of which is a coffee table 74cm wide, 56cm deep and 44cm high. The coffee table can collapse and be moved to the side of the sofa if required. Footstools are available.
· There is a wooden rocking chair with arms and a rush seat and also a wooden chair with arms. These chairs are at the sides of the room.
· The dining table is situated under the west facing window. There are three dining chairs without arms – chairs with arms can be provided if required. The gate-leg dining table has an underspace of 70cm high by 90cm wide and a height of 73cm. The dining table can be collapsed if required. All wooden chairs can be moved if required.
· TV, video table is at the side of the room tucked away under the staircase.
· The lounge has six wall lights, one spot light and one table lamp.
· Lounge is 3.42mtrs wide and 5.50 mtrs long.
· The doorway into the kitchen is 92cm wide 179cm high. Inward opening.
· There is a flagstone step into the kitchen 18cm high, 60cm deep and 100cm wide. There is a grab rail by the step.
· The kitchen floor has non slip stone tiles although these tiles may become slippery if wet.
· Kitchen units are a standard height width and depth and are situated along the north wall. There is a kitchen bin on the south wall – there are no other obstructions.
· There is a door from the kitchen to the ‘butler’s pantry. This door is 197cm high and 76cm wide.
· The kitchen has two overhead lights and a plug in spot light that can be moved to illuminate either the stove or the sink.
· The kitchen is 1.82mtrs wide and 5.50 mtrs long.
· Inward opening door to bathroom 77cm wide 183cms high. There is a grab rail by the door.
· There are standard height, width, depth toilet, wash hand basin and shower.
· Walk in shower with non-slip mats provided.
· There is a grab rail by the toilet.
· The flooring is non-slip stone tiles – although these tiles may be slippery when wet. A non-slip bath mat is provided.
· The bathroom is 1.64cm wide and 2.07 long.
· There is one overhead spot light.
· There is an extractor fan.
Stairs and bedroom
· There is a light at the foot of the stairs.
· Stairs are open plan to the lounge and are short pile carpeted.
· Stairs have rail on the north side.
· There are 12 stairs leading to the upstairs bedroom
· The stairs are 18cm high, 24cm deep and 80cm wide.
· There is a guard rail on the north side at the top of the stairs.
· The bedroom is heavily beamed with ‘eves’ so care must be taken to avoid hitting one’s head on the lower part of the beams.
· There is a ‘kingsize’ bed 60cm high and a single bed 60cm high.
· Distance between the beds is 73cm.
· Distance from the kingsize bed to the window is 2.42mtrs.
· Distance from the end of the kingsize bed to the stair guard rail is 49cms.
· One armchair and one upright chair without arms are provided in the room.
· There is a short pile carpet on the floor.
· There is a built in wardrobe and a chest of drawers.
· The bedroom dimensions are 2.30mtrs wide x 5.65 mtrs long.
· There are bedside tables with ‘touch’ table lamps.
· There are two overhead lights.
· There is an ensuite wash-hand basin and toilet. The toilet has a grab rail.
· The door to the ensuite is outward opening 100cm wide, 180cm high.
· There is a florescent light in the ensuite and also an extractor fan.
Grounds and Garden
· Visitors have access to all parts of the grounds and garden apart from the small garden at the rear of the main farmhouse.
· We have a pet labrador who is friendly who is not permitted in the cottage.
· We have a cat – also not permitted in the cottage.
· Front and side gardens are laid to lawn with flower beds – parts of the garden are on an incline, in some places quite steep.
· There are three ponds in the garden with no safety features but they are less than 0.50mtrs deep.
· Garden seats with arms, benches and a garden swing seat are available for our guests. There are also tables and chairs without arms.
· Back garden is laid to lawn but slopes. There is a table and chairs on level ground outside of the cottage back door undercover of a rustic roof.
· There is a step up from the cottage back door to the back garden and also the rustic roof at the back of the cottage is very low – care has to be taken if using this exit/entry way as it can be a hazard.
· The back garden pathway is medieval and has an uneven cobbled surface and is also on an incline. Can be slippery when wet.
· There is a rustic patio area on the side of the main house with a number of planted pots.
· There are three stone steps up to the swimming pool & patio area.
· The patio is non-slip stone tiles – some of these can be uneven due to ground movement. Running on the tiles is prohibited. Care is required.
· There are sun loungers with arms and two picnic tables on the patio.
· There are a number of pot plants on the patio.
· The swimming pool is 10 x 5 mtrs with a variable depth from 1-2mtrs. The pool has Roman end steps. Swimming in the pool is at your own risk. Diving is prohibited. There is no lifeguard or lifesaving equipment.
· There is an above ground spa hot tub. There are wooden steps with non-slip strips to enter the hot tub. The water in the hot tub is generally around 39degC. The hot tub is on a timer – 15 minutes maximum immersion only, permitted at any one time. Persons having or having had any significant health problems, undergoing medication, pregnant or having recently given birth are strongly advised NOT to use the hot tub. If in doubt, please seek professional medical advice. Use of the hot tub is at your own risk.
· Adjacent to the swimming pool/patio area is a washing line enclosure. This has a narrow gateway and has a gravel surface.
· There is a fenced orchard area with pond. The ponds are unfenced. Entry to this area is through a gate. Persons wishing to enter this area do so at their own risk. This area is grass but steeply inclined.
· There is a rough paddock area with trees at the far end entered through a gated archway from the swimming pool area. This area is rough grass and on a steep incline. Persons entering this area do so at their own risk.
· There is an outside light at the back of the cottage and also on the side of the main house.
· Lights can be put on at the swimming pool, however visitors are not permitted access to the swimming pool area after dusk or before dawn.
· There is a five bar gate leading from the paddock to the surrounding field and public highway.
· Address: Elworth Farmhouse, West Elworth, Abbotsbury, Dorset DT3 4HF
· Telephone: +(44) 01305 871693
· Email: email@example.com
· Open March – end October annually
· Telephone answered – 24hrs
· For all local information please ask and this will be provided on request to suit requirements. Local information such as emergency numbers, Drs etc are available within the cottage and also by request.
· Comprehensive tourist information, maps etc are available in the cottage.
· Pets are prohibited – this includes assistance dogs.